When in Greece
plan to visit the following sites:
- Athens: You should give it at least 4 days. In
your City Tour include: Acropolis, the Agora and The
- Attica sites: Sounion Amphiareion
- Cruise of three
Greek Islands near Athens - Egina, Hydra & Poros, in
a one day cruise.
- Delphi:is not only the striking World Heritage
home of Apollo, Dionysus, the oracle and varied stone
treasures, but also a spectacular clifftop village. Visit
the museum first and afterwards the site. Do not miss the
Oracle - Sanctuary of Apollo - Sacred Way - Museum.
- Meteora: and the cliff top monasteries. Sit on a
very high rock and enjoy the view.
- Thessaloniki - City Tour including: the
Archaeological Museum - the church of Agios Dimitrios and
the church of Agia Sofia.
- Vergina: Philippos (Great Alexanders
- Corinth: Ancient city ruins - Acrocorinth.
- Nafplion: The old town, once the capital
of Greece; An area that resembles but is a lot bigger
Birthplace of the Mycenean civilisation.
The Amphitheatre - The Asklepieion site and the
The castle rock island.
The fortress town; remnants of lost
- Pylos: and the Palace of King Nestor.
- Olympia: The
Temple of Zeus - The Original Olympic stadium and the
- Crete: Knossos, Heraklion Archaelogical Museum,
Phaestos, the CretAquarium,
Matala, Chania and the Samaria gorge.
- Thira: The volcano, The Akrotiri site, Oia sunset.
- Rhodes: The Old Town of Rhodes.
This area boasts superb views as well as a
collection of traditional villages - known as Zagorohoria
- built mainly out of slate. Traveller's favourites are:
Papingo, Monodendri and Tsepelovo. There are two hiker's
delights, well-forested, the Vikos-Aoos National Parkand
the 10km Vikos Gorge.
Affiliated websites: astoria
travel, astoria of Athens, Tours to Greece.